Skip to main content

He Has Called Me To The Gospel

I've wanted to post a new blog for some time now but it has taken a lot of time to work through all the Lord is teaching me. To work through all the decisions we have to make. It is also really hard to be productive in a hard season of physical pain and loss of dreams. The season is still hard and the working and wrestling is still being done, but I wanted to share with you all some of what the Lord has been teaching me in hopes that by God's grace it may help someone else.

"Father, I want a baby"
"Daddy, please rid me of this disease."
Lord, give me just one day of comfort and relief from pain."

These are the things I have been praying. EVERYDAY. More than once a day.

I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.[c] For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!  Philippians 3:7-11

My prayers do not reflect this passage of scripture. Although those other things are not bad to pray for in and of itself, they have been my number 1 desire. I have been desiring motherhood above God. I have been desiring comfort instead of knowing God more. I have been desiring healing more than I desire becoming more like Christ. These things are all to be counted as garbage in comparison to gaining Christ.


So, if that means never becoming a mom biologically, I will become more like Him in His story of adoption or foster care. If I do not get healed on this sided of eternity and never get to feel the pleasure of not being in pain, I will get to know Christ deeper through suffering. My prayer is that HE is enough- that nothing else is needed. That my desires become ones that are His desires as well, and bring eternal glory rather than fulfilling my wants for my comfort and pleasure.

God has put in me a deep desire to be a mom. He has also, so graciously, given me the desire to love fragile and hurting children. He has called me to be a mother to the motherless. He has called me to the Gospel. We are still working through, praying through,and trying to becoming more knowledgeable about all the avenues to which we can become parents and we would love for as many of you as possible to join us in these prayers. Prayers for healing of broken hearts. Prayers that the Fathers will is done in our story.

I love you all and am so blessed by the body of Christ. To those of you who pray with me and for me. To those of you who open your life, even the darkest,hardest parts with me. To those who cry with me and for me. To those of you who serve me. I can't thank you enough for being Jesus in the flesh to me.

        Grace and Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winning The War Over Our Sin

Sin. It gets us out of the Lords will and destroys us. The enemy uses it to break us down. He knows what we struggle with most and when we are at our lowest and he knows exactly when to attack. We receive the seeds of sin before we even realized we've received it. The enemy has designed sin to get us out of the will of God so we will never ever see the power and plan the Lord has for our lives. This sucks. What do we do? Sit around full of self pity, letting it happen? Just say "ahhh darn i'm too weak to overcome this" Think that we are too far gone to ever turn back to our Father? NO WE FIGHT. We continue to address our sin until we are free. We demand discipline in every aspect of our lives, that includes demanding discipline of those you spend your time with. We stand up against generational curses and say "No more! It stops with me!" We must WANT to be free to be free. When there is a sin that is strong and consistent in your life a

I Know You're With Me To The Very End

An update on our week in Houston for all who want to know: Y'all, this week has been bittersweet. If I am honest, I am still processing it all and I am struggling a little bit. Lets be real, I am struggling a lot. Anyways, let me just tell you the whole journey. About a month ago, I was laying on the floor, literally sobbing and asking my Abba "why?" Every doctor we had talked to had either turned me away or told me there was nothing more they could do for me. We had gotten no answers since I got diagnosed in 2015. Cameron shared with our friend, Steve Murphy, the dead end we had hit and how hopeless we felt after a service about feeling helpless. Steve, being our family in Christ immediately wanted to help and connected us with another man in our church, Leeland. Leeland selflessly spent hours of his time to research and found us a doctor at M.D. Anderson in Houston. Although there was a waiting list to get into Dr. Slopis, we got an appointment the day we were

NOW THOSE ALTARS IN THE WILDERNESS TELL THE STORY OF HIS FAITHFULNESS

There have been seasons in my life that lasted way longer than I would have liked them too. After a long while I began to realize wishing those seasons away and turning to so many things but Jesus to make those seasons end was not working, but instead was making me bitter. My prayer in those seasons went from, "take this cup from me" to, "as long as it takes to get to a place of surrender I'm gonna stay right here." My hard times brought me to a place of fully surrendering fear and fully trusting Jesus, something I struggled severely with. Our sweet son was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis last week. I think if this had happened before those other hard seasons I would be totally crippled by fear right now. But I can honestly say that I'm not fearful of what this diagnosis might bring, sad yes, but not afraid.  I used to always expect the worst. Expect whatever came next to be something that once again would bring bad news. This time, although it