Skip to main content

I Desire to Know Jesus and be Like Him Above All. I Choose to Believe His Plans are Good.


My heart desires things that the Lord is not ready to give me in this season. My heart has been struggling and this morning the Lord comforted me. I am reading through 2 Corinthians and Proverbs. Today I read chapter 1 of 2 Corinthians which talks about the suffering we will encounter but how we will ABUNDANTLY share in God's comfort! I went on from there to read Proverbs 19, where verse 21 really hit me like a ton of bricks. " Many are the plans of a mans heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails." SHOOT DANG.

My heart has been envious of others who are experiencing the blessing of having babies. My heart has also been prideful in the sense that I feel entitled. As if the Lord is taking something away from me or withholding something from me. This is simply a lie and the Lord is gently correcting my hearts posture and my prayer in this season. My prayer is that instead of moping and being filled with self pity I may use it to mature in Christ, securing and growing my identity in Him. I am daily trying to trust and believe that child bearing is not something promised to me, therefore it is not being withheld or taken away. That if child bearing is not what Jesus has for me, whatever He does have for me is far better and will make me more like Him and let me know Him more deeply and intimately. Knowing Him and being like Him is to be desired above all else. I pray in this hard season I become more faithful to him and lean on him above all else, so that when that day I become a mother, in whatever way HE chooses, IN HIS TIMING, I may be the woman God wants me to be and the woman my future children deserve. I have seen before, and choose to believe always, that the plans of my own heart are NOTHING in comparison to the plans my loving Father has for me.

Although I belive this season is for my good and God makes all things beautiful, it is still a very hard season. For those of you who aren't aware of the situation I'll give you a small idea. My disease has a 50 percent chance of being passed on to children I have biologically. Then there is a risk of not knowing how bad it would be for them. Also, child bearing could be bad for my body and cause rapid tumor growth. Therefore we are in a season of prayer and trying to see what the Lord has for us in becoming parents. We also ask people be sensitive and not constantly ask us when we are having children.

I share this in hopes someone who sees it and is going through similar feelings may feel comforted in the fact that the Lord loves us and will bring us what we need in its season, ALL PRAISE BE TO HIM!

Prayers for us in this journey also appreciated. 💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winning The War Over Our Sin

Sin. It gets us out of the Lords will and destroys us. The enemy uses it to break us down. He knows what we struggle with most and when we are at our lowest and he knows exactly when to attack. We receive the seeds of sin before we even realized we've received it. The enemy has designed sin to get us out of the will of God so we will never ever see the power and plan the Lord has for our lives. This sucks. What do we do? Sit around full of self pity, letting it happen? Just say "ahhh darn i'm too weak to overcome this" Think that we are too far gone to ever turn back to our Father? NO WE FIGHT. We continue to address our sin until we are free. We demand discipline in every aspect of our lives, that includes demanding discipline of those you spend your time with. We stand up against generational curses and say "No more! It stops with me!" We must WANT to be free to be free. When there is a sin that is strong and consistent in your life a

I Know You're With Me To The Very End

An update on our week in Houston for all who want to know: Y'all, this week has been bittersweet. If I am honest, I am still processing it all and I am struggling a little bit. Lets be real, I am struggling a lot. Anyways, let me just tell you the whole journey. About a month ago, I was laying on the floor, literally sobbing and asking my Abba "why?" Every doctor we had talked to had either turned me away or told me there was nothing more they could do for me. We had gotten no answers since I got diagnosed in 2015. Cameron shared with our friend, Steve Murphy, the dead end we had hit and how hopeless we felt after a service about feeling helpless. Steve, being our family in Christ immediately wanted to help and connected us with another man in our church, Leeland. Leeland selflessly spent hours of his time to research and found us a doctor at M.D. Anderson in Houston. Although there was a waiting list to get into Dr. Slopis, we got an appointment the day we were

NOW THOSE ALTARS IN THE WILDERNESS TELL THE STORY OF HIS FAITHFULNESS

There have been seasons in my life that lasted way longer than I would have liked them too. After a long while I began to realize wishing those seasons away and turning to so many things but Jesus to make those seasons end was not working, but instead was making me bitter. My prayer in those seasons went from, "take this cup from me" to, "as long as it takes to get to a place of surrender I'm gonna stay right here." My hard times brought me to a place of fully surrendering fear and fully trusting Jesus, something I struggled severely with. Our sweet son was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis last week. I think if this had happened before those other hard seasons I would be totally crippled by fear right now. But I can honestly say that I'm not fearful of what this diagnosis might bring, sad yes, but not afraid.  I used to always expect the worst. Expect whatever came next to be something that once again would bring bad news. This time, although it