Skip to main content
So I am new to this whole blogging thing so bear with me while I figure it out. I love journaling, so I figured I might as well share a little with the world. So here goes nothing...my first post:

I'm Kacey Lynn <3

 I know I don't have all the answers, but I daily read a book that does.
 I know that I'm not always quick to forgive others who wrong me, but I follow a God who is.
 I know I'm not always the greatest at listening to others problems, but I pray to One who is.
 I know I have so many flaws and imperfectipons, but I follow Someone who has not one. 
 I know I don't have it all together, but I believe in a Savior that does.
 I know I can be filled with pride sometimes, or should I say all the time, but I follow a Humble  Servant who has nothing but humility within Him. 

So as I come to these realizations I ask that you don't look at me, but please focus on the Jesus that lives in me! 
I don't pray for humility, I pray for a better understanding of who God is and who I am not and that within itself will leave me humbled. 

I don't pray for faith, I pray for opportunities to trust Him more so that my faith may be strengthened. 
I don't pray for God to take struggles away from me, I pray for the Spirit to strengthen my obedience so that I place the blame on myself for my shortcomings and not God. 
I don't pray for riches or fame, I pray that His Glorious riches and fame would be known. 
I need trials to grow, I need difficult times to discover joy. Because it is within those difficult times that God grows me. 

What I don't need is difficult times from my own inability to follow Him. 
If I'm not learning I'm probably not seeking. 
If I'm not growing I'm probably not risking. 
If I'm not hurting then I'm probably not loving enough.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOW THOSE ALTARS IN THE WILDERNESS TELL THE STORY OF HIS FAITHFULNESS

There have been seasons in my life that lasted way longer than I would have liked them too. After a long while I began to realize wishing those seasons away and turning to so many things but Jesus to make those seasons end was not working, but instead was making me bitter. My prayer in those seasons went from, "take this cup from me" to, "as long as it takes to get to a place of surrender I'm gonna stay right here." My hard times brought me to a place of fully surrendering fear and fully trusting Jesus, something I struggled severely with. Our sweet son was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis last week. I think if this had happened before those other hard seasons I would be totally crippled by fear right now. But I can honestly say that I'm not fearful of what this diagnosis might bring, sad yes, but not afraid.  I used to always expect the worst. Expect whatever came next to be something that once again would bring bad news. This time, although it...

God's Providence

1Thes 2:8 We loved you so much we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our own lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. I believe the Lord has done remarkable things in my life in order that I may share it with others for His glory...so here we go. The Lord's providence has been all over my whole life. And I mean my WHOLE life...but I'll start at age 8. When I was 8, my aunt and uncle so lovingly blessed me by sending me to Kanakuk a Christian athletic camp. That was the summer I first heard the Gospel. This was the same summer my two year old brother passed away. Divine providence one, I heard the Gospel, the promise that this life is not the end just a week or so before my precious brother went to be with the Lord. Thank the  Lord I had those promises to hold tight to in that dark time. The summer between 6th and 7th grade, my aunt and uncle again, obedient to the Lord's calling to love and pursue me offered to send me to a pri...

Vulnerability

It's been a little over 5 months since my surgery. I thought the surgery itself was going to be me getting out of the woods. But now, I feel I am still deep in the dark woods. My surgery changed my body. Chronic pain and disease have crushed my spirit and have made my thoughts a moment by moment battle. I can't be as active as I was even before surgery. Literally most days all but my forearms and hands hurt. Before surgery, I was very social. Now I want to do nothing. Literally nothing. Not even hang out with my closest friends. The thought of going into Wal-Mart for milk gives me severe anxiety. I can't be the friend or family member I want to be. I can't do the things I want to do. I should be studying for my alternative certification but I'm literally exhausted every second of the day and even getting out my study material gives me a full blown anxiety attack. I want to be a good mentor and light for Jesus, but I am so so tired. My heart feels crushed at the id...